All-natural and free from harmful chemical, shea butter has numerous health benefits for pets. Keep your pet’s feet and coat moisturized and protected from harsh weather conditions all year round with these simple recipes.
Perfect for both cats and dogs, this wax will protect your pet’s paw pads from extreme cold or extreme heat. Prevent or treat dry and cracked paws by applying this wax liberally as needed.
- 2 tbsp Olive or Sweet Almond Oil
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Shea Butter
- 4 tsp Beeswax, grated
- Prepare muffin tin or molds by spraying lightly with vegetable oil
- Using a double boiler, melt all of the ingredients, stirring constantly
- Pour the mixture into the muffin tins or molds and allow it to solidify in the refrigerator
- Store the wax bars in an airtight bag or container at room temperature for up to two years
- To use, apply to the pads of your pet’s feet before they are exposed to extreme temperatures or rough terrain
With a blend of nourishing essential oils and a moisturizing shea butter base, these shampoo bars are an all-natural way to keep your pet clean and smelling fresh. The neem oil and essential oils are effective in repelling fleas, ticks and other pests.
- 2 cups Shea Butter
- 1 tbsp Oat Flour
- 1 tbsp Yellow Kaolin Clay
- 1 tbsp Neem Oil
- 3 tbsp Water
- 4 drops Geranium Essential Oil
- 8 drops Rosewood Essential Oil
- 8 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 8 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 4 drops Carrot Seed Essential Oil
- 4 drops Citronella Essential Oil
- In a double boiler, melt the shea butter
- Once the shea butter has melted completely, stir in the neem oil
- In a small bowl, combine the oat flour, yellow kaolin clay and water, stirring until smooth. Add water if necessary.
- Add the mixture to the shea butter base, stirring until well-combined
- Cool the mixture slightly, then add the essential oils, stirring until they are completely incorporated
- Pour the mixture into molds or muffin tins, allowing them to solidify in the refrigerator
- Once the soaps have completely cooled and solidified, remove them from their molds. Wrap each soap bar in wax paper, and store at room temperature in an airtight container.