Tub and Tile Cleaner
Cleaning your bathtub just got easier, thanks to the naturally disinfecting and deodorizing properties of eucalyptus oil. This tub and tile cleaner effectively breaks down dirt, grime and soap scum, and rinses clean for a shiny and streak-free finish.
• 1 cup Baking Soda
• 15 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
1. Combine the baking soda and eucalyptus oil in a small bowl, stirring well until the oil is completely incorporated
2. To use: Using a damp sponge or cloth, scrub the mixture onto the tub or shower, paying attention to areas that are prone to buildup. Allow the cleaner to sit for 15 minutes before rinsing it away with warm water.
Non-Toxic Toilet Bowl Cleaner
Store bought toilet bowl cleaners are packed with highly toxic chemicals, which can be potentially hazardous for households with children or pets. Homemade cleaning products, including this simple toilet bowl cleaner, are a safe and cost-efficient way to rid your home of these harmful chemicals without compromising quality and effectiveness. Experiment with different castile soap scents and essential oils to create a custom fragrance.
• ¼ cup Liquid Castile Soap
• 1 ¾ cup Water
• 2 tbsp Washing Soda
• ½ tsp Eucalyptus Essential Oil
• ½ tsp Peppermint Essential Oil
• ½ tsp Lavender Essential Oil
1. Mix the ingredients into a large squirt bottle, shaking well to ensure the ingredients are completely combined
2. To use: Shake the mixture, and then squirt a small amount into the toilet bowl. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes. Use a toilet brush to scrub the toilet bowl clean, then flush the toilet.
Garbage Can Deodorizer
From food smells to other household odors, trash cans absorb a lot, and cleaning them is not always enough to keep them fresh and odor-free. Fortunately, essential oils provide an effective way to eliminate odors and keep your kitchen and bathroom smelling fresh. While eucalyptus essential oil is used for this recipe, other essential oils with disinfecting properties, such as tea tree oil or peppermint oil, can be used.
• 4 cups Baking Soda
• 4 tsp Eucalyptus Essential Oil
1. Mix together the baking soda and eucalyptus essential oil, ensuring that the oil is well distributed
2. Transfer the deodorizer to an airtight container. It can be stored in a dark, cool and dry place for up to 3 months.
3. To use: After cleaning and drying the trash can, sprinkle the mixture at the bottom of the can
When a deeper clean for stubborn stains is required, this all-natural soft scrub is the perfect tool for the job.
• ¾ cup Baking Soda
• ¼ cup Castile Soap
• 3-4 drops of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
1. Combine the ingredients in a bowl to make a thick paste. If the mixture is too dry, add a few drops of filtered water until the mixture reaches the desired consistency.
2. To use, spread the mixture over the stained area using a damp cloth or sponge. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes. Use a damp cloth or sponge to rub gently rub the site, then rinse clean with warm water.
Disinfect and freshen your countertops with this simple and fragrant spray.
• 2 cups Distilled Water
• 4 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
1. Combine the water and essential oil in a large spray bottle
2. Before each use, shake the bottle well to ensure that the mixture is combined. After cleaning the countertop, lightly spritz it with the countertop freshener for a deeper clean and a light, lasting fragrance.
Suitable for a range of surfaces, including tile, laminate and ceramic, this all-purpose cleaner ensures a deep clean, without the use of chemicals.
• ½ cup Distilled White Vinegar
• 1 cup of Distilled Water
• 1/8 tsp Liquid Dish Detergent (without bleach)
• 6 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
1. Using the stove top or microwave, heat the water until it is hot
2. In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, water, dish detergent and essential oil, stirring well until fully incorporated
3. Use a funnel to transfer the mixture to a spray bottle
4. To use, spray the all-purpose cleaner on to the desired surface, and wipe clean with a paper towel or dry cloth
Hard Floor Cleaner
Leave your hard floors spotless with this simple and effective natural floor cleaner.
• 1 tbsp Liquid Castile Soap
• 1/3 cup Borax
• ½ tsp Eucalyptus Essential Oil
1. In a large bucket filled with 1 gallon of hot water, combine the soap, borax and essential oil
2. To use, distribute the floor cleaner with a mop or rag, paying special attention to high traffic areas.
Essential oils not only smell great, but they offer anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. They offer a great and long lasting clean, without the harmful chemicals and additives found in store-bought cleaners.
• 2 cups Distilled White Vinegar
• 1 cup Dish Soap
• 5 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
• 5 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
• 5 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a large spray bottle and shake well to combine
2. To use, spray the shower cleaner onto the walls and floor of your shower. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes, and then rinse the cleaner away with warm water.
Aromatherapy Room Refresher
Give any room a burst of freshness with this aromatherapy room refresher. With the freedom to adjust the essential oils to suit your preferences, you can create whatever mood you’d like. Lavender-based room refreshers are perfect for bedrooms, while a higher concentration of peppermint and eucalyptus are ideal for living and dining areas.
• 1 ½ ounces of Distilled Water
• 1 ½ ounces of high-proof Alcohol, such as Vodka or Everclear
• 20 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
• 7 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
• 7 drops of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
1. In a clean 4 oz. spray bottle, combine the alcohol and essential oils. Shake well to combine.
2. Add the distilled water to the mixture, shaking to combine.
3. To use: Shake the bottle before each use, and then lightly spritz the room refresher until it reaches your desired strength of scent.